36.5 weeks and a check up

I am so anxious to see my baby, I can't wait! I just had my check up and she said I wasn't dilated at all but the cervix is softening a little bit. I know that no one is a phsychic but maybe from previous experiences you could tell me if you still had your baby a little earlier than 40 weeks even if you weren't starting to dilate yet. I know that she will come out when she's ready and I'm not trying to rush, I just can't wait.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yea i was not dialited or nothing but 1 morn my water broke , i was 37 weeks
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 10:41 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i wasn't dilated at all and then i had my son at 41 weeks, that's probably what you should count on, just so you won't go too crazy waiting! actually maybe you should count on 42 weeks. and then you will be pleasantly surprised if she's born before then. good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:13 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i had baby exactly at 40 weeks. didnt start dilating til right b4 39 weeks, then a few days b4 baby went to a 4
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 18, 2009