I get to work up until my due date-another 3-4 weeks. i work in retail full time in retail and i work the floor not sitting on a stool at the register. Any tips on how to make through a day with out crashing on the floor?

Sweet_angel2004

Asked by Sweet_angel2004 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Take every "sit breaks" every hour. You can probably find a lightweight foldable chair to take with you wherever you go, and do tasks during that time that don't require standing.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:51 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• You have to take a break every 15-20 mins. SIT DOWN and rest. drink plenty of water, and make sure you eat breakfast and a scheduled snack. Trust me...

I was working in the dental office taking out wisdom teeth and I neglected to do all of the above. Mind you it takes about an hour to extract FOUR impacted wisdom teeth. I started getting real hot, then I was shaking a little, but I wanted to finish and do a good job...The lights got dim and I thought something was wrong with the lighting, so I asked. Before I knew it I saw my knees and I couldnt breath. They had to escort me out side to sit down and breath some fresh air. I ALMOST passed out! You dont want that to happen so make sure you put you and your baby first. You have rights as a pregnant woman, so ask your manager or look through your employee handbook to see what you can take advantage of.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I wore support hose, comfortable shoes, with orthotics, ate foods designed to give me energy and stayed hydrated.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:00 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i know in retail some bosses can be crazy tough when it comes to breaks (i worked retail until i was about 6 months)......def keep hydrated. if you arent able to sit, find a bench or something you can prop a foot on and switch after a couple minutes to relieve back pain. and whats weird is actually when i kept moving i actually felt better than if i stopped a lot lol after retail i worked at a daycare until 3 days b4 i had DS. (only bc of thanksgiving break or i'd have worked until the day i went into labor lol) here's a good one, sit on the floor and straighten shelves...that way you're still working and mr boss man cant complain lol good luck momma!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 18, 2009