How do you feel about them taking cookies away from Cookie Monster?

They aren't going to have him scarf cookies anymore. Instead he will be eating healthier foods like eggs and carrots. Also they are changing his song "C is for cookie" to "A Cookie Is a Sometimes Food."

Dorothy24

Asked by Dorothy24 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Entertainment

• They are doing it because they are trying to stop childhood obesity..because yeah, cookie monster makes kids fat...how stupid...kids LOVE cookie monster...what happened to parental responisibilty...geesh...that's why kids are fat, because these producers of shows think its their responsibility to teach kids good eating habits. I know that children's programs generally advertise more for "junk food" but seriously??!?!?! Who's job is it to make sure their kid doesn't eat five million cookies a day, cookie monster or mom & dad?? (ok putting my soap box away now)

That's so stupid..we should write an angry letter to Sesame Street
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 12:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Well I think it's stupid. It has been that way for over 35 years, why now?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Good gawd?...what next. People are so friggin lame, parents need to stop pawning blame on the tv...get your kids outside and get them exercise....leave cookie monster alone. may as well no longer have him on the damn show
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I remember reading about that a while ago, but I just realized Sesame Street was on earlier and it was Cookie Monster complaining about having to be patient and wait for cookies, then the Cookie Fairy showed up (new actress in a dress covered with Pepperidge Farm cookies head to toe). I don't think they've taken the cookies out so much as just quit using Cookie Monster all that much. They might as well just change the name to The Elmo Show.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:57 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Thats dumb! thats his trademark -- thats his name for some reason duh! ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Thats CRAZY!!!!!!
    my kids LOVE cookie monster. They should allow kids to enjoy a monster eating cookies! LoL, what happened to Snuffle Uffagass? Or the big dog?
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:04 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I agree! I was raised on Sesame Street! Cookie Monster was my fav. and I'm not warped. I still eat healthy. What's next making Oscar the Grouch to be nice and clean. Being dirty and living in garbage is unhealthy too!
    Dorothy24

Answer by Dorothy24 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I heard this a couple years ago, but they never changed it, is it possibly just a rumor? Anyway if they do, it is ridiculous, cookie monster eats cookies. It is our jobs as parents to teach our kids about healthy eating not sesame street's.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Every year Sesame Street makes changes. It will be in progression over the years. I just saw on the news last night that Cookie Monster (Sesame Street) will be teaming up with the Good Egg Project. So Cookie Monster will be eating a lot more eggs.

HICKMAN says: "We are trying to educate people on where the eggs come from, and also to make sure people are eating good every day. Isn't that right cookie?
    COOKIE MONSTER says: "Oh yeah, Good Egg Project very good project, eggs delicious.. numnumnum".

They announced they wanted to make changes a while back but now they're starting to take effect.
    Dorothy24

Answer by Dorothy24 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Uh. That cannot be true. Is it?!?
    Oh Lord. If it is, that's so dumb. I can understand their thinking behind it and I can totally see SOME mothers writing in letters about how Cookie Monster is teaching their children to binge-eat cookies.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009