pain around kidneys...

sooo....i went to my dr visit and told my doc i've been having back pain and when he asked me where i said around my kidneys and he said that it is not normal, esp with where i am in my pregnancy to be feeling pain like that. i explained that when i go to the restroom, it doesnt seem like i'm fully getting rid of everything. its like i only get rid of half of my pee or something....he said it can be fixed with testing and this tube thing being inserted but he made it very clear that it is a very painful procedure. has anyone else had this?

SammyJoB

Asked by SammyJoB at 10:53 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like they want to put a catheter in and that IS VERY PAINFULL, but they do have a pill that will turn your pee orange and stop the cramping pains the catheter will cause.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:01 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i have had pain on my right side of my back since july, it is my right kidney! they tried to tell me it was a stone and i have never passed one! i went to the uraologist (sp?) yesterday ( for the 3rd time) and i ended up getting an x-ray done (im 33 weeks, 2% chance of birth defect) and what the problem really is, is my uterus at first was so big it was putting pressure on my right kidney making it swell, and now it is so big that it is closing off my "pee tube" as i call it lol also making it swell more...very painful! they said they could do a stint, but it would more than likely cause me to go into labor and im already on strict bedrest. they said its not life threating and to just keep taking the meds they gave me and plenty of bedrest!
    hope it helps!
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 11:55 AM on Sep. 18, 2009