Letting Go Of The Past

As a Mom of almost 11 months I'm having a hard time letting go of the past. When my Son was born, His father and I got into a huge argument. Since then things have not been the same, we have tryed working on our issues and have just recently decided that for our son we need to really try harder as our issues are really not that bad.. When my Son was 9 months old, I left for 3 months. I left State and left my Son with his Father.. I'm embarassed,ashamed of myself, and cannot fogive myself.. I know my Son is young and may not even remeber what happend or may not even know that I left. All I know is the guilt within me is OVERWHELEMING!! I keep telling myself that all I can do is be here,and be a part of his life from here on out.. Its hard. I missed my Son, I love him with all my heart.. What Can I do to make things better??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Consider counseling and pray if you believe in that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• You feel guilty for a mistake that you made, I think this is what the question boils down to. We all make mistakes. We can't pretend they didn't happen, all we can do is to accept that they are part of us and to not do the same thing again. If we have wronged someone, then we need to apologize and promise to try to do better. If you and your baby's father just aren't making it work, try counseling.

Answer by Bmat at 11:19 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Please...go see a counselor. Don't try to handle this on your own. Get help. You WILL NOT regret doing so.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:19 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• wow, i know if i ever left the state i know i would of taken my son with me unless it was under extreme circumstances to where i couldn't then i wouldn't go. That's horrible that you did that, but everyone makes mistakes and should be forgiven. There isn't a way to make things better or compensate for the lost time with your child, however the only advice that i have is to cherish the time that you do have with your son. Explain to his father whatever happened at the time and promise that you won't do it again, tell him how much you love your son etc.., also tell him how trivial the argument you 2 had is and that if after 11 months you can't get over the petty argument maybe it's time to go your seperate ways. The crappy thing about it is no matter what you do someone will probaly tell your son when he gets old enough to understand, so you'll deffinately have some explaing to do later on for now, you'll be fine.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• aww hun
    thats hard
    but try not to be to ohard on yourself, you left him with his father not just anyone, for some time away that mybe you needed, and you came back to be there from here on out be proud of ourself for being a good mommy, and caring so much!!!

*HUGS
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 18, 2009