has your baby ever had a complete meltdown because of something you ate? (bf moms)

My 3month old dd has only had 2 really bad crying fits. One was on a night when I had asparagus for dinner and another was on a night I had green beans. Do you think her fits were caused by the foods? Last night she was MISERABLE from about 1030pm until close to 2am.

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what else was with the meal? my son had and still has issues with stuff thats too tomato-y. like raviolis, spaghetti o-s, bbq sauce, that type of stuff.
    if you think thats whats causing it though, its very possible. what you eat will def effect your daughter one way or another. i just learned to limit those types of food while bf-ing.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:25 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I think I also had fish both nights! You think that might be it?
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I would lean towards the fish before the vegetables. I don't believe asparagus or green beans are gas producing foods which would be my first thought.......My second thought would be maybe she just doesn't like the way fish tastes???? :) The only way to find out is to cut those foods out of your diet and see what happens.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:44 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• my little one can't handle broccoli or anything citrus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Tried a half cup of coffee one morning. BIG MISTAKE. But about the fish thing, you're supposed to eat fish bc of the Omega 3 fatty acids 4 your baby's healthy brain dev. Maybe try a different kind of fish.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2009