How do I get my daughter excited about going to school?

The first week of school my daughter was excited, happy to get on the bus and go to school. Then Weds something happened... now she doesn't want to go to school. I spoke with her teacher, nothing happened at school and according to the teacher she's good and doesn't have any issues while there. When I asked my daughter why she doesn't want to go to school she says it's cause she misses me.
Ok I get that. She's five and this is the first time she's ever been really away from me or her dad. But she still has to go.
How do I get it so we don't have tears every single morning before she gets on the bus? How do I get that excitement from the first week back?

ShandyJo

Asked by ShandyJo at 11:26 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in

• I was a 2nd grade teacher and played music as the kids walked in to the classroom and before they went home. This really cheered up the kids, especially the one that would cry cuz she didn't want to leave mom. I also gave prizes (small prizes) for good behavior. I know it's not the best advice for a parent but you may want to relay this to the teacher to help out your lil one.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:53 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Thank you. Maybe I'll try the prize one or try a big gift at the end of the week if she goes everyday.
    ShandyJo

Answer by ShandyJo at 8:44 AM on Sep. 20, 2009