How long should I walk?

Im overdue but still not dilated whatsoever. I plan on going walking today,tomorrow, and Sunday ( I will be checked for dilation on Monday). How much walking should I do? Should I try to walk until I get contractions or what?

Thanx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would just walk as much as feels comfortable. don't walk until you are overtired. your due date is just a guess. it's normal to go up to almost 43 weeks! if i were 40 weeks + pregnant, i would probably just relax as much as possible because you will be so exhausted after your baby is born. my son was born at 41 weeks. i walked some but never more than a mile at a time. i basically just walked around campus because i was in class at the time. gl! you also might want to reconsider getting checked for dilation because you could be 0cm dilated, then go into labor that night, or be 4 cm dilated and go into labor 5 days later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• don't walk outside walk around house so u will be close to a phone if problems accur
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Unless you are past 42 weeks you aren't over due. The average length of gestation is 38 to 42 weeks, that's why 40 is the average. So some women go before 40 and some after that's normal. it is also not uncommon for first timers to go to at least 41.

Getting checked for dilation also means absolutely nothing. There are women who walk around for weeks dilated and there are women who don't dilate until they are IN labor. Both are perfectly normal. This is one of the reasons why I don't get vaginal checks.

Walk as long as you are comfortable, becaue it won't hurt and is healthy.

I'm 40wk 2d and I constantly have to correct people that I am NOT overdue like I'm a carton of milk. Mothers and Babies gestate at different times and some need longer than others and there is no reason to rush the process. It will happen all on its own.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I am due in 5 days and still not dilated either and the baby hasnt dropped yet so my doctor adv me to walk but it hurts to walk. So if i were you I would just walk as much as is comfortable for you, I wouldnt over due it and walk slow too take you time! :)
    mommyjay86

Answer by mommyjay86 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2009