Just wondering....

How prone am I to being induced with my second pregnancy if I was induced with my first?? Like I was induced with my first 4 days over due with high blood pressure..Are my chances of being induced again higher than if I hadnt been the first time??

Cameolynn

Asked by Cameolynn at 11:39 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• IT DEPENDS ON HOW IT TURNS OUT!!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• U MAY BE INDUCED IF PRESSURE IS SAME W/ THIS ONE... ALL IS WELL MOM!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 12:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• No.
    There is no reason to believe the same will happen to again. Unless your blood pressure is out of control and a danger to you. A mild elevation is normal late in pregnancy. And BTW you weren't overdue 4 days after an estimated due date. 40 weeks is an average not an expiration. It is quite common to go past that because it is just an average -- a guess at that.

To manage your blood pressure be sure you eat well. Get 80-100 grams of protein a day, get PLENTY of hydration, salt food to taste with sea salt (try to avoid processed foods as much as you can though a little is okay), and make sure you get calcium. I recommend calcium/magnesium citrate liquid beause it is easily absorbed. The calcium in commercial prenatals just don't absorb well. When you rest, lie on your left as that increases blood flow. Practice relaxation techniques to keep your stress level down.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• By the way, some people have high blood pressure when in a clinical setting, but have perfectly normal blood pressure when at home. You can take your own blood pressure. It's good to know if you normally have a fine blood pressure outside of a medical setting so that you know what might cause a slight elevation.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2009