too early for sex? what are the dangers?

I had a very uncomplicated pregnancy, but had to have a c-section after my daughter not being able to pass through my pelvis. I have very very minor pain (more like annoyance, lol) that I don't take anything for and doesn't bother or hinder me in any way. The scar is healing really well (except it opened a couple days ago a little, my doc knows, its ok) I'm barely bleeding at all anymore... WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT 6 WEEKS??? We will use condoms and take it easy!! What would the dangers be of having sex right now? I had her on the 5th of september. so it's been just about 2 weeks.

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 11:43 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There is a chance of infection.

That being said, I waited just 3 weeks with my oldest and 4 weeks with my youngest. But I had easy vaginal deliveries without any tearing.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I never waited over a week and a half...not saying that was the wisest decision I ever made, but I had no complications from either c-section due to sexual intercourse afterwards.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Wow, my daughter is 4 and I can count on two hands how many times my husband and I have done the deed. I just don't care really..poor him.

But, the reason they ask you to wait is because of infection. If your scar has opened there is a chance it can again and be worse. Would you be able to handle a newborn with a young child??? Condoms are not 100 percent effective at prevent pregnancies, they rip, sometimes they aren't used properly etc.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 12:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I didn't wait but maybe 7 days and oh my god it was the best ever. She was my 3rd and I didn't tear at all so there was no healing and the bleeding had already stopped. My other two I had to wait 5 months and 9 months due to the fact my hubby was in Iraq. My ob told me that the reason they want you to wait is because of pregnancy and pain. Infections can happen but everyone I know has never gotten one from doing it to early after birth. My daughter is 4 months now so it wasn't long ago. If you are feeling up to it go for it.
    athenagmb

Answer by athenagmb at 12:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Sex introduces bacteria, no matter how clean you are. Your cervix dialated during labor, your uterus has been cut open, and it is really not a good idea. I had 2 c-sections so I know how you feel, no sore bottom, little to no bleeding, but we waited at least 4 weeks. Good luck
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• pregnancy, infection.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2009