Does anyone know someone with multiple sclerosis that is miserable and hateful?

I have 2 kids, 2 yrs. old and a 2 month old and i live with my parents. My dad works all day and my mom is home all day. She has ms and is the most hateful miserable thing you ever met. I know it has to do with plaque in the brain and all the pills she takes but i cant stand living with her anymore. The reason I live with them is because I don't want to be on welfare but I just cant stand being around her anymore. She never cooks, cleans or helps out with my boys, she just watches tv all day and i'm always cleaning up after her. She gripes about everything constantly and makes me and my father miserable. Even her mother doesnt want to call and talk to her anymore and the neighbors hardly ever talk to her. She sits there and yells when i'm tryin to get my boys asleep. Does anyone know someone with ms who is like this and if you were me would you move out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Health

• Not hateful and miserable...but he is often depressed and maybe a bit bitter. She probably doesn't help because she CAN'T...you CAN however change your situation. Find a job, get the children in a state assisted or income based day care and find a place of your own. Having two little ones around that she cannot interact with because of her illness may be causing her to feel inadequate and that can make someone very difficult to be around. Not wanting to be on welfare is not a good enough reason to be a leech on your parents when you are an adult and made your own decisions...they paid their dues so to speak...time to pull up your bootstraps and do the same.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My mom had severe MS for years, she was mostly bed-ridden, she was not hateful, but was miserable sometimes, she was in lots of pain. It is an AWFUL disease for everyone involved. And it goes on for years. My mom died 2 years ago from complications. I know that the one thing that depressed her the most was that she couldn't do for all of us like she wanted, especially her grandkids. I'm glad she is free of pain, but I miss her every day and wish I was able to do more for her when she was here.

If you want out, do what you have to, but you and your kids are burdening a sick woman by being there and you expect her to do more for you? Its a horrible disease, and the medications make things even worse, and it is really hard on the ENTIRE family, but you are healthy and you are living in her home...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• The person I know with MS is sweat, but dippy. Her brain doesn't always work, but sometimes she is fine. She used to walk with a cane, but is actually much better now. It has been more than 20 years since her diagnosis.  Your mother needs a hobby. TV rots the brain and makes people cranky.  Anything she can interact with would be an improvement.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2009