What are some really good bath toys for kids this age?

My boys will be 4 and 5 come this Christmas and I am teaching my oldest how to take showers but he still takes baths most of the time. I've looked for age appropriate bath toys for them but all i find is bath toys for toddlers and babies. ...any ideas?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 11:45 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We do science experiments with the water color using different drops of food color, at first I was a little worried about having an easter egg color child but so far that has not happened. Mine is 5yo, he finds little action figure guys or little squirt guns. We still have a toddler bath toy with a slide that the action firgures like to slide on.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 5:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My 6 year just has various action figure guys, small boats, etc. They aren't specific bath toys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My 5, almost 6yr old does the same... we just find plastic toys (McDonald's toys are fantastic bath toys!) and she also likes to make "potions" so I give her empty lotion bottles (sample sizes) a medicine dropper, and some other odd shaped containers for her to make her bubbly concoctions with. As far as stuff that is marketed for bath time, the best I can think of are the bath crayons or those little growing creature thingies (you know they start off tiny and turn into big sponges when you put them in water?).
    EmmysMom113

Answer by EmmysMom113 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2009