should i be preparing for labour and going to hospital today or tmoz

my baby is head down and i can feel his head moving in my pelvis. today i woke up with urge to clean so ive done quite a bit ov cleaning baby hasnt moved today apart from his head in my pelvis. i m getting hot flushes and feeling dizzy ocasionally. i was also getting sharp shooting pains under my belly button last night that bad i cudnt move hardly. i have 2 week and 6 days till im due and this is my first

mumistephy

Asked by mumistephy at 11:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would be prepared but it could just be early labor stuff that could come and go for days or even weeks. be sure you have everything done that you want to do before your baby is born but also try to get some rest!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• get checked out NOW!!!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• You should probably wait till you are having contractions...they need to be 3-5 minutes apart and have been going on for at least an hour! However if you still are not feeling movement by the evening I would give your doctor a call and see what they say!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• From your description, I would wager on a couple of more weeks...
    but it could be anytime.
    The biggest indication for most moms is close & intense contractions.
    I usually suggest 4-1-1 (four minutes apart, one minute long, one hour at least before considering calling/going in).
    You could be like this for a while... who knows. Not contraction yet? It will come, eventually. ;-)

First time moms average 41 weeks, 1 day of pregnancy, anyhow.

Who do you have to help you with labor? Do you have a close friend, husband, your mom, a birth doula? It might be nice to consider getting that person lined up to support you soon.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Linsigiril... what the heck did she say that makes you think she has to get checked NOW? I didnt read anything that implied labor was soon or that she had any reason to even call the doc, let alone get checked!

OP... Based on what you said, I wouldnt expect labor to be anytime soon. I would have your bag packed just because its a smart thing to do once you hit 36 weeks, but I wouldnt plan on going in to labor anytime soon. Probably 3 or 4 more weeks
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009