Feeling bad now about my pregnancy

I just found out that my SO's cousins son died a few hours after birth, It was the same day we went into hear our babies heartbeat (my SO for the first time) It just makes me sad to think that on the day we heard our babies heartbeat, his cousins baby was loosing his....
My SO just told his mom that night too that we were expecting, no one else in his family knows... now I feel horrible to make the announcement. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'm so sorry for your loss. :( my aunt and uncle lost their baby to SIDS when he was 3 months old. then everyone felt weird about taking their babies around at holidays and stuff. like one of my cousins didn't come because she was so worried that her baby would make them so sad. but they just got kind of upset about that and told everyone not to avoid them because they lost their baby and that they are still happy for other's babies, just depressed (obviously) that they lost theirs. i think your cousins will be extremely sad but they will be happy for you, even if it is painful for them to think about. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• aww thats so sad. IF i were you, i would wait a while before spreading the good news. Good luck to you and congrats on your pregnancy.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 11:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Give it a week, and then go ahead. Smile gently. If anyone seems unhappy because of the other baby's death, then say that you feel very sad about the death. Don't feel guilty or sad about your baby, it was not your fault or your baby's in any way. Treat the bereaved parents gently, but the rest of the family should be told, in a gentle fashion. If nothing else, they can have the joy in their lives and not just the grieving.

Answer by Bmat at 12:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Aw darlin, that's a tough one. Give it a week or so to share your wonderful news, but no one will be upset, quite the contrary, they will be excited for you. After a traumatic incident, this is probably just what the family will need. HUGS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Oh I'm so sorry; if it makes you feel better I'm excited for you. Being a mother is the best gift in the world. It's really sad when a baby losing it's life. My husband's cousins baby died three hours after she was born. And his brother's wife was pregnant at the same time I was, but she was due first; I'm still pregnant. Anyways their son had many problems while she was pregnant, and even more now. And I too feel bad, but being pregnant is something for you to rejoice about. Even if it is hard for others right now, they will come around. Oh and maybe it is better to wait a week or more before mentioning it to other family members; you know them best. Congratulations on your baby and I wish you luck!
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 12:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• you know that when a person or baby dies another is born.... you should be very happy to tell them... i know how u feel! my first pregnancy before my 2 kids I had a mis,the same day i woun't out... i told everyone i was prego and 2 hours later the baby was gone... so i know.. but just tell them ur deeply sorry that it happened but u can't keep it from them they will find out sooner or later!! GOOD LUCK BABY GIRL!!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• btw i am sure that they will see in your face how sad you are about the whole thing and they will not be upset with you at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009