After the Depo shot.....

I had my son last December. In February I got my first shot of Depo. I didn't go back in May like I was supposed to, and decided that my husband and I would use condoms instead. It's been months...and I'm still bleeding. A lot. I've had my "period" every day since giving birth to my son in December. With an exception of a few days here and there. Now, lately I've begun to have pain down there. Pain like I had right after I gave birth. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar situation or knows is this is normal. Everyone told me that my period would be irregular after having a baby, but it should have evened out by now, right?? Is my body still trying to come off of the hormone from the shot? I'm tired of having my period, ladies! Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to go in and see your doctor ASAP. This is NOT normal. My MIL had excessive bleeding for 2-3 months straight, went in to get checked out and ended up having uterine cancer.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• If you don't want to have your period maybe you should get back on the shot. I take the depo shot and after the first 6 months I haven't had a period at all...
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i been on depo since march and i have not had a period at all. but like 1stpp said you need to go to the doctor. depo shot can be acused of that, but it can also be uterine cancer or soemthing else.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• remember too the depo will make you irregular, and your body will be off for some time (as i'm learning this shot has many un fun assests lol).....but if you are concerned, really talk to your dr
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009