birthdays too close...bad idea?

mine -june 30
hubby -july11th
daughter -july5th
we are trying to get pregnant with second child(this will be 2nd month trying)but if it happends this month it will be due end of June.is this a bad idea?i kinda like the idea of it,but am thinking planning birthdays could be difficult.thank you for any thoughts!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, you don't actually have parties for you and your husband, do you? It's just the 2 kids that would matter. My sister and I were 3 years and 3 days apart, and honestly I don't remember any issues. We always had separate parties. I say go for it! It might not happen right away.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• my kids bday are 3 wks apart.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Eh who cares? It'll be a very festive couple of months for you guys! I'm due in December and mine and my daughter are January birthdays, plus Christmas in between, we're in the same boat as you!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 2:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• my brother and sister are a day apart. my cousin and uncle (father and son) are on the same day as my brother. we never had problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Just have the parties together if that's what ends up happening.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:28 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• my hunny and his sister have the same b-day and his youngest brother is the day after. and guess what? I am due the same week! So I plan on a lot of sex with him and discussion with the baby to see if we can get this done on his birthday.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• my only thing is this: my sister and i have birthdays 8 days apart. my mom used to throw a joint party, but do it on my sisters bday everyyear, since mine is july 4th. well, this ended up being awful and i hated it as a kid bc everyone thought it was just for my sister and that made me miserable. i never got to invite friends or anything. my other siblings got their own parties, and i always felt left out.

as long as you dont do that, then its fine.

2 of my uncles have the same bday, and my mom and one of my sisters are consecutive days, and it never affected anythig.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 8:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• all very interesting.thanks people! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My family has two clusters, with some on the same day even. My bio sis and adoptive sis have the same b'day, my b/f 3 days later, on the same day as my parent's anniversary. Then right before Christmas we have my twins and stepdad all on the same day, followed three days later by mine, and three days later my mom. There are so many things that could happen between now and having a child that the birthdays might not be too close anyway. I wouldn't worry about it. It will all work out to the right timing.....even if it's the same b'day.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2009