Do you think they are lying?

Any time anyone brings up the possible link between autism and vaccines, people in this group say 100% there is no chance even a single kid got autism from the vaccines and that they know for a fact that you are born with autism. So do you think all the parents are lying who say their child lost all their speech and eye contact (for example) the day they got their shots?They say their children were developing completely normal up till that day.

I do have a child with autism that was born with it but I know quite a few people that had the heartbreaking experience of their child regressing dramatically within hours or days of getting a round of shots.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There are two many people out there, that truley believe their children became autistic from shots, so I am NOT going to say they are lying. There really is no way to know. There must be something to it. I am just thankful that my kids are healthy.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 12:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I had a duh moment there too not two. LOL
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 12:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I do not have a child with Autism. However, we do not vaccinate. Autism is a two part issue. You must FIRST have a genetic pre-disposition to it and it must be triggered by an outside scource. Vaccines are one of the MANY things in today's world that can trigger that gene to become active... Other factors can be as simple as innercity air polution or other chemical exposure. This is one of the reasons that city populations see more cases than rural ones.

So, is there a link between the two? Science says yes. However the other thing we need to understand is that many children diagnosed with Autism don't actually have it. The symptoms of chemical poisoning from things like Mercury and Fermaldahide (sp) are in many cases almost identical to Autism, so the child is simply labled Autistic with out any further test. These children more than the Autistic ones will show signs as early as hours after injection.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I can't say 100% either way. I've seen shows where the mom was claiming the child lost those things after receiving a shot..and a family member will say , not really, you could tell there was something wrong or "different"

It very well could be that certain vaccines trigger something in some children, or that something in the vaccine can cause it....I'm not willing to call a mom who has a child with autism a liar and I'm not willing to label her 100% correct either.....more studies need to be done
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I think the fear rules both sides of the argument. The government and the doctors make TONS of money off vaccines and other treatments. And while the number of Non-Vax doctors has trippled over the last 2 years it's not any where close to the norm yet. So the average doctor isn't even going to consider that the vaccines could be to blame. This is why the CDC believes that only around 6% of the vaccine injuries are ever reported to them. Parents that do vax are scared not to and parents that don't are scared to... And I think the idea that you could put your child in the "line of fire" really upsets people. So those that vaccinate will usually jump on the "Vaccines are Safe" bandwaggon and pray they are right. And the same goes for those that don't. In my case, I was injured by vaccines, I did the research and made a choice. But I also know that there are risks to both choices and I had to choose the one with the least risk.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• In short parents aren't lieing, in most cases they are mis informed. Did their kids start to show signs of Autism within hours of vaccination? In most cases yes, but those signs were no really Autism, they were chemical poisoning. However the parents are more times than not mis-informed and the child is labled Autistic. The parent's are pourposely lieing, they don't know they are wrong. In cases where people say there is 100% chance the vaccines do not cause Autism or injury their are either ignorant to the facts or they are simply to affraid to admit to themselves that there is a real risk here... Either way, I think they are doing what they truely believe is right...

So, no, not lies, just mis-information from a dishonest and greedy medical system!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• SabrinaMBowen if you have no children with this disorder my opinion is you have no place to tell parents that do what they believe is wrong or right.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 12:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Oh and please Sabrina show me these scientific cases that prove there's a link, since there's been numerous cases and studies proven wrong for LACK of this evidence.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 12:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2009