I am SO disgusted...and Kind of Scared to go off post! No question, just venting!

Ok, so I'm in the Army and I had an appointment off post with my kids today. I'm a single mom so I had to take them. They are 2 years and 10 months! So, the place that I have an appointment at is for the Military but not on post. Keep in mind I'm in my uniform so you can't mistake that I am Miliary. I'm walking with my daughter and carrying my son into the appointment and there are Military protestors there. They threw stuff at me and my kids!!! Now, I don't care about me but my kids are just babies!! I'm SO angry! Ugh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Forgot to say, though I'm sure you all know. The protestors are not in the military, they are anit military. I wasn't too clear on that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• **anti. I should not type when I'm angry LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Oh my gosh! I'm sorry you had to go through that!! :( They should have known better especially with kids in your arms!
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I would have called the police on them. That is considered assault I would think.

Answer by louise2 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Y protest the military?!? Thank you for your service! People should cheer for you when you go down the street. Im so disgusted by some people they can be so rude.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• thats crazy, my hubby is military hes never had anything like that happen to him, but if me and dd were with him and that happened id throw it right back at them. screw them though, people are STUPID if it werent for the military fighting for their freedom they wouldnt be standing there protesting anything. thats crazy im pissed for you haha, i mean its one thing to protest but a whole different thing to stand there and throw things at people for no reason especially when they have their children with them!!! id be so mad and i would have definately thrown it back at them. im sorry. or call the police. they shouldnt be able to throw things no matter how they feel about the army or any other military branch....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Yes, i would have called the cops too. That is no longer peaceful protesting (which as you know they are aloud) that is now harassment and assault.

I am so sorry for you, but above all I am so sorry for your children. Thankfully they are young and hopefully won't remember.

Thank you for everything you do. You deserve nothing but respect for serving in our military.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• What kind of scum throws things at children? That's awful!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• that is so horrible I'm sorry!
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 12:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• OP here: The police were there. They said they couldn't do anything for people's stupidity. The police saw everything. I wasn't the only service member there at the time. Well, at least they were throwing rocks...LOL. Sorry, I gotta have a sense of humor about it at this point.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2009