Just wondering if they are any other LIBERALS/ DEMOCRATS who Disagree with ACORN?

If you are not a liberal or dem dont answer cuz i already know you disagree

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They have done more good than bad. I am not at all pleased w/ them at the moment, or at least the few workers who are complete idiots. There needs to be a thorough investigation. And they need to drop some folks for sure. The whole point of the organization is to help the community, hopefully they will get rid of corrupt behavior, & keep helping people in need.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I am a democrat and I support Acorn. Any illegal activity should be dealt with PERIOD! Just like any other business. I know they have done some great things, so I'm not willing to throw out the baby with the bath water

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:31 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I'm neither so I can answer. What they did was wrong and those who have done the wrong doing should be punished.

That being said, they also do good things for the community so it's not all bad.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 12:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I second JackalsWife.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I had a problem with Acorn pretty early on. I know in my community they had widespread issues with voter registration fraud. I know it is not isolated and the organization is corrupt from the top. I am still praying Obama is not involved with any of the illegal voting activities I really do like him and think he can make a difference. It just seems he has been involved or associated with so many really bad people it is getting hard to believe him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Which of ACORN's campaigns are you referring to? I agree with their work on affordable housing. I agree with their work to improve public education. I agree with their campaign for paid sick days for all employess.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I'm with sweet-a-kins. Obviously they have some issues that need to be investigated and fixed but I am not convinced it is organization wide or approved by the leadership, at this point. If new evidence comes to light I will review my opinion.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I'm repub but do have to agree with don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I do thnk that there needs to be an intensive investigation into the agency as there are to many reports out there of wrong doing. Keep what is good but get rid of the bad. It's like any other agency. There's good apples & bad.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Very good ladies, now how do you feel about them taking funding away from them? Should we give them our money whole they investigate?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I agree with Baconbits (and i freakin love the screen name :) )
    girl_in_the_D

Answer by girl_in_the_D at 3:06 PM on Sep. 18, 2009