Do you make your child ride the school bus?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• well, are they supposed to walk? and no i refuse to drive them, thats what the bus is for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Nope I take her
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Nope. I am a SAHM and I feel it would be very lazy to not drive them the few blocks to school. The bus has no seatbelts and there is very little supervision. I would only use the bus if I was gravely ill or my car did not work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My 3 kids go to school 20 miles from our house so I have to drive them. But even when weblived closed to the school they never rode the bus we always took them.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Since we live across the street, it would be foolish to take the bus. They probably wouldn't even let us.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• We don't have bus service here, was cut due to budget issues so parents have to drive or kids have to carpool to/from school no matter how far they live from school, we're 5-6 miles down a freeway entrance from the local school.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 1:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I don't MAKE my kids ride the bus, they want to ride. It's full of all their friends from the neighborhood and they enjoy it.

Answer by missanc at 1:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• when i was in school i took the bus. i was k with it, i didnt wnat my mom taking me to school it wasnt cool lol
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:38 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• There's no bus service in her school area. We only live a block away from her school. However, last year she went to a gifted school that was on the other side of town so she took the bus. I guess you could say I "made" her since gas was over $3.00 a gallon and bus service was free. Plus I did not have to wake up her younger brother and sister.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My high schooler and elementary children do, but my daughter who is in middle school does not, there are some very nasty girls on her bus.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 1:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2009