I'm so not looking forward to tomorrow....

My hubby, 8 month old daughter and I are flying up to MA tomorrow. We'll be there for a little over a week and I am so stressed! I hate packing for just me but now I have her to pack for too and I know my husband will be of no help. This will also be the first time she has been on a flight. I try not to stress out but I'm so anxious about this trip. Not only do I have to deal with his family for a week but I'm also stressed about the flight for her. I'm hoping she's ok during the flight and not crying the entire time. Any advice ladies for flying and how not to stress over getting everything ready? Thanks

msfila1980

Asked by msfila1980 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just do a little at a time all day, so it just isnt all at once. as far as the flight, i think if you keep a bottle fresh and ready it gives them some relief for ears (like we do with gum). i've never had a baby on a plane, but for most people its not so bad. idk if baby will let you put ear plugs in or not, but you may be able to try that as well. good luck, and try to at least pretend you were having fun!
    :-p
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I don't know if anyone else has ever heard of this, but they say that holding two papercups over each of the child's ears during take off and landing helps equalize the pressure, so they don't have ear pain. I have a friend who recently flew and she said her (10 month) child seemed agitated in the airport and the take off, but fell asleep and stayed asleep until they were fully landed, at the gate. so, it's possible, lol.

As far as not stressing....same old stuff....do your best, take deep breaths, relax your muscles and carry on....anything that is forgotten can be bought or wait until you get home. Hugs to you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I agree with the paper cups over the ears for the baby!!! My son was 3 months old the first time him and I both had ever flew! As soon as we got in the air, he was sound asleep... Only time he woke up in a six hour flight was to take a bottle. Other than that, it was ok... I on the other hand was a nervous basket case, especially since we hit turbulance, and that being my first flight! lol
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2009