Who should keep my husbands old baby photos. me or his 11y childs mom?

My husband child showed me pictures of my husband when he was a baby and an adolecent. I asked where she got them from and she answered "my mom has lots of them in her album" . I wish i had them. Should she still have the right to have his baby pics? Shouldnt she have given them to his mom atleast? its been 10 years since they seperated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I think you should let this one go. ya gotta toughen up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Its not unusual for an ex to keep some of the pics, maybe she is keeping them for the daughter.....?? But, it also wouldnt be out of line for someone to ask for them back, offer to make a few copies if she wants to keep them for the kiddo, but if she is just keeping them, thats a little strange. Just ask for them back, and see how it goes, or actually, maybe hubby should ask for them back, that may go over a little better. Good Luck
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 12:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• If your DH has not asked for them back. He must not think it is a big deal. Maybe you need to talk to him about this.

Answer by louise2 at 12:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I think that this is your husband's decision. I suspect that having the pictures helps the child feel close to her dad.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• ask if u can have some. my SO's mom brought us albums of him as a kid to compare harmonis babys pics to his and mine ... and she let us keep 2 albums and she has like 3 or 4
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 12:53 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Well, she doesn't have to return all those pics because that is her choice. On another hand, if I were you, I would wish to have those as well but you don't have a right to ask them back. I would suggest you to let your DH to ask them back.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 12:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Ask her if she'd give you a couple of them. If they mean something to her maybe she'd still part with some. Or ask her if she'd take them to a store and get copies made of some of them for you. That way you'd both have them. Or better yet, if his mom has some, see if you can have some of them or get copies made of them. Don't try to get all of the pictures from the ex.

Answer by Bmat at 12:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• copies should be made at the very least. What if the originals were lost in a fire or a flood. Maybe your stepdaughter would like a second album to keep at your house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I would ask to make some copies. I would think his children should have most of the pictures. If you plan on having children I would definatley want some originals and some copies
    blondy1820

Answer by blondy1820 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• If he gave them to her, its hers. She doesn't have the obligation to give it to anyone she doesn't want to. She probably wants to keep them for their daughter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2009