Funniest Presidential Quotes

Yes, I am here to spread Friday love again. Here is what I found, what have you got?

“Washington, DC is 12 square miles bordered by reality." - Andrew Johnson

"Things are more like they are now than they have ever been." - Gerald Ford

“There's nothing left…but to get drunk.” - Franklin Pierce after losing the Democratic nomination

"I have often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my wife to go swimming." - Jimmy Carter

urkiddingright

Asked by urkiddingright at 12:53 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh, and I was present for this one!!!

"Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya." –-Joe Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia, Missouri, Sept. 12, 2008
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 1:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• These are hilarious. I hope you have more.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 1:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.''
    George W. Bush

"I may be president of the United States, but my private life is nobody's damned business." ~ Chester Arthur

“Being president is like being a jackass in a hailstorm. There's nothing to do but to stand there and take it.”
    Lyndon Johnson

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• "For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks." ~ George H.W. Bush in 1988

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale and never tried it again.- Bill Clinton
    Look, when I was a kid, I inhaled frequently. That was the point. - Barack Obama
    I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family.” - George W. Bush
    An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and doesn't care who wins- Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Did you ever think that making a speech on economics is a lot like pissing down your leg? It seems hot to you, but it never does to anyone else - Lyndon B. Johnson
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 1:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• “Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." ~ George W. Bush during a September 6, 2004 speech in Poplar Bluff, Missouri

"I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting." ~ Ronald Reagan

"If you can't convince them, confuse them." ~ Harry Truman

"They misunderestimated me." ~ George W. Bush in Bentonville, Arkansas on November 6, 2000

“Being president is like being a jackass in a hailstorm. There's nothing to do but to stand there and take it.” ~ Lyndon Johnson

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

George W. Bush

Love this one, and little laygh after made it even funnier!
    sweet-a-kins

• weve had some sex LOLOLOL.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• “Contrary to the rumors you have heard, I was not born in a manger. I was actually born on Krypton and sent here by my father Jor-El to save the Planet Earth.” ~ Barack Obama joking at an October 2008 charity event

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• # "It's no exaggeration to say that the undecideds could go one way or another."
    - George Bush, US President

# "I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions --but I don't always agree with them."
    - George Bush, US President
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 1:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2009