My 14yr. old step son has a thing for girls underwear.

My mom found 5 pairs of her undies stuffed behind the toilet in her bathroom a few months ago. It was weird. Then in the bathroom that everyone shares I found mine shuved in the back of the cabinet. I have found a pair of mine there at least 1 every week. I don't know or am scared to know what he is doing with them. His dad is freaked out and doesn't know who to talk to about this so I told him I would ask all you to see if anyone else has had this happen. His dad doesn't know have to talk to him about this. So if anyone has any advise I would love to hear it. It is so odd I don't get it.

lonlynstresdmom

Asked by lonlynstresdmom at 12:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Are you completely sure it is him doing it, We used to have a little chauwauwa and he would take only mine and my sister- in-laws underware and chew on them, and leave them tucked underthings around the house.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Rule number 1-dontget mad at him. If he is doing this, im sure he'll appreciate a quiet talk, not an accusation. Maybe hes a sleep walker. My sister used to have a dream, and then then next morning we'd find my dad's socks under the dryer. Maybe he'll grow out of it. Give him time, and im sure it wont be anything serious, i mean, what is there one person could get up to with someones pants? Just give him time, and if he doesn't stop, ask him jokily if he knows what your pants are doing in the bathroom cabinet.
    Ellie_Louise

Answer by Ellie_Louise at 1:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• is he wearing them? or "playing" with them? or just hiding them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• newlife.com can help
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• No it's not the dog, and no he doesn't sleep walk. my step dad caught him with a pair of mine getting ready to go in the bathroom. He always takes forever and it doesn't smell like he pooped while in the bathroom. I don't know why he does this,they are still clean every time I find them nothing on them. I don't know what he does with them.Maybe he wears them. OHHHHHHH I hope not.
    lonlynstresdmom

Answer by lonlynstresdmom at 3:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Maybe he's using them to... you know......help himself out, but finishes elsewhere. Personally I would hope for this scenario since it would show he's a normal growing teen if you know what I mean...I hope this doesn't sound disgusting. :o)
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• It sounds like he is either wearing them or using them as a masturbatory aid. Either way, do NOT get mad. But it sounds like confrontation is needed. Someone who he is comfortable with needs to sit him down and has him what he is doing with them and let him know that it isn't wrong and that you still love him. If he is using them for masturbation, see if you can find something else he can use. If he is wearing them, ask him why he feels the need to wear them. Do NOT force anything, especially therapy, upon him. Just ask him what he would like and try to do it for him even if that means buying him his own women's underwear. If it is the 2nd problem, feel free to message me. That is a problem I have dealt with before.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:19 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I think its kind of normal for teen boys ,Myyounger brother used to take mine and He told me he would smell them while he would masturbate, EWW, My younger male cousin would steal mine when he would visit too.just talk to him tell him its not right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Sep. 22, 2009

• My brother stole mine all the time and he wore them and masturbated in them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I hope it isn't going to last along time. I really don't understand why out of all things to have a fedish with he chose girls underwear. But then to think about it he does like girlie things too. maybe he is gay. I don't know. It's weird.
    lonlynstresdmom

Answer by lonlynstresdmom at 11:21 AM on Sep. 24, 2009