How do you toughen up?????

How do you not let every little thing bug you... from family to in laws to work to money to whatever. I consider myslef to be pretty tough but sometimes i let things get to me that shouldnt. how do You not let those things bug you and get your emtions so worked up? I dont think I do it alot... i may more now with preg and then my husband isnt understanding at all so it makes it worse. How to you keep your cool all the time. How do you tell if your really over reacting or what.? HOW?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• thats my problem too and i havent figured out the answer yet
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• you let it hit you and look up!If /He(Jesus) suffered we must also.
    stick your feet on the floor and use His power. let go
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I wish I knew how to answer you. I was like that when I was younger, i am now 39 and it's just easier. It's not that I'm any less sensitive, because I am. But i pick and choose my battles and I look at the WHOLE situation, intentions and that kind of stuff. Being pregnant does not help, all reason and logic went out the door with me lol. And it's not about "toughing up" it's all about perspective. Best of luck hun
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Stresses add up. What we may just let go if we are calm and rested, can seem a major problem if we are tired or already stressed. Remember about the straw that broke the camel's back? The camel had more and more stuff piled on and was fine, but that one little straw was too much. The same is true with stresses. And it doesn't have to be just bad stresses, it can be good stresses, too. And any time there is change, there is stress. A way to deal with stress is to let the small things go and let go anything we can't change. Realize that you are being harmed by feeling stress and try to breathe out and relax. Change the way you think about things, find a silver lining in that cloud. Get plenty of rest, take time to smell the roses, list your blessings.

Answer by Bmat at 1:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• When something truly horrible happens to you, then you learn to let the little stiff go. But then you also have that horrible thing that can make you cry without any notice.  Sometimes you keep your cool by letting off steam. You can't keep it bottled up forever.  Call a friend or write a journal and unload.  If you are really overreacting someone will tell you. Did you know you can write an anon journal?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• therapy

Answer by rkoloms at 1:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009