Do you think that pressure of buying/getting the most of everything...big TV, big car, best clothes, best of everything are causing our lives to be stressful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had way too many wants I thought were needs. It helped when I stopped buying magazines. they just make me want to buy stuff! giving up tv helped a lot too. all those adds made me want too. They made me feel like it's no big deal to use the charge card for things. The thing is I would rather not buy all the junk and instead save up money to buy the big things I want like a Rainbow Playset. I try to do most my weekly shopping at the grocery store instead of Walmart or Target(mine have food too). Seems like I can't get out of Target etc w/out a bunch of stuff I don't need. DH makes decent money, we own a house. We have the money, I just don't want to waste it on little stuff that I don't need.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 1:41 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Nope, i've never cared
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• for some maybe our stresses right now is just gettin bills caught up being we been with out income for a month and half and my husband started his new job today...i dont see the point of trying to keep up with the jones there are more important things in life than big tvs ect
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Our biggest stress right now is finding $8000 for a new roof.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I guess if I allowed that to become a stressor, then it would stress me out. However, we are fine driving our 8 and 9 year old cars, watching our 8 year old TV, not buying clothes until they are worn out, etc.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• We are just trying to afford NEEDS right now we could care less about WANT items. Mainly trying to be able to afford our rent since hubby lost his job and unemployement wont' cover the entire rent month to month !
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 1:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I think thats part of what has everyone stressed but not the full reason.

Thankfully my family isnt that concerned about it(except tv, my DH would love to have a big bad woowoo thing LOL). We just do with what we have but I know others who must have the latest and greatest and wig if they cant or feel like crap if they cant and bitch and moan if they cant have it. And then if they get any kind of "extra" money they splurge on useless crap and end up in the hole again and are majorly stressed again.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 18, 2009