Need help with a Christian reference please.

I must start by explaining that I come from a VERY religious family (grandpa was a Church of God preacher) however, I don't subscribe to my family's beliefs. In order to make nice with the family, avoid sending poor gramma to an early grave and keep the revival tents off my front lawn I keep my religious opinions to myself. I am not asking this start any hoopla, I am merely hoping for help understanding something.

A relative recently awoke from a coma, just before passing, and told his mother he would be leaving soon. That he had been in Heaven helping Jesus "prepare the feast for the bride of the lamb". It's now the talk of the family as to how to interpret this. Apparently this has something to do with the Second Coming of Christ? Not looking for opinions or insults just would like someone who knows what sort religious implication this is supposed to have to explain. Thanks kindly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would suggest reading up on the subject, here is a link I found. It explains what the marriage supper is all about....very good reading.

http://www.gotquestions.org/marriage-supper-Lamb.html

However, I'm not entirely sure what you are looking for. I think he had an experience, and an intuition that he was about to die. It would seem as if the young man was in fact saved, and on his way to Heaven.

I would love to chat with you about it, if you have questions. I follow the Baptist Doctrine, which is much different from the Church of God, but would still love to discuss it sometime if you'd like.....feel free to email me! :)
    markerbabe

Answer by markerbabe at 1:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• ask Hinson7169 she is reading a book about this! very cool!!wow!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My understanding is that this feast is for his followers. We are the bride & Jesus is the lamb. I would say that he was saying he was going to be helping Jesus in Heaven.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• howtogetsaved.org
    Christians are the( bride ) of Christ! This is Biblical!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Ditto the baconbits.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• You can read about the marriage supper of the Lamb in Revelation 19. When Jesus raptures the church, we will then go to the marriage supper of the Lamb. The Christians are His bride and we will celebrate our love for Him. I can't wait.

Maybe it is getting closer to happening : )

Wow.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• The Second Coming happens later, if you continue reading Revelation 19 you will see that in verse 11, after the marriage supper, Jesus is on a white horse and he is going to make war. This is the Second Coming, when Jesus goes and there is the final war.

The Rapture happens, the Christians are taken up to heaven to escape the 7 year tribulation and enjoy the marriage supper of the Lamb with Jesus, as His precious bride. Then after 7 years Jesus comes down to the earth to end the Great Tribulation, that is the Second Coming.

Jesus' first coming was as a king on a donkey (that symbolizes peace), the second coming is on a white horse (that symbolizes war).
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:45 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Yes, in the book of Revelation God talks of preparing a feast for the bride, his saved people. But he was in heaven? did he describe it? Cause how I was raised we don't go to heaven until the last day, until then we are just dead or if in a coma in a coma, a sleep. I am not bashing just wondering if he described it and sorry for your loss *hugs* But yes, god preparing the feast for his bride ahs something to do with the second coming :) Read revelation, it's ful of end times stuff and Daniel :) pm me please I am studying different denoms of christianity and would like more info on the religion you were raised in :) God bless you and yours.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 3:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Please leave nice shoes behind for us non-believers!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I'm the original poster, just wanted to add a little more before closing this question. Thanks to everyone who answered, very insightful. I don't really care to debate religion or get saved so nothing personal if I don't write you personally.

For those who are curious, the family member has been ill a few months. At the time he made the statement he had bleeding in the brain and had been unconscious for some time. My family had been praying over him and as they interpreted the tongues believed they were being told he was going to "make a swift rise" as in a fast recovery. However they now believe it meant a "swift rise" to Heaven. I was not there, most of my info is second or third hand but I was told he claimed that he had been "helping Jesus prepare the feast for the bride of the lamb", that he would have to return (to heaven) soon as there was much to do.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2009