I feel like a bad mom...

I wish I could find fun things to do with my little one. She turns a year old on sunday and all we do is watch tv. What are some fun things we can do together?

ArmyWife42

Asked by ArmyWife42 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Read books, play, go for walks, dance, give her new toys to play with or rotate her toys so she doesn't get bored.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Color? Well, scribble. lol. But they make those really big crayons from Crayola now which is suppose to be easier for babys to hold and no so easy to break. Blocks? I'm buyng blocks for my daughter this weekend. Let her blang on some pots and pans with a wooden spoon.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Big empty boxes to play in, Blankets over a couple of chairs for tents, edible playdough,
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Play dough....ya some will get eaten but its lots of fun.....chalk, turn the radio on and dance and clean we do this alot so that way he knows how to have fun and clean at the same time
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 1:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Let her help you measure things when you cook, go to the park, zoo, make homemade toys (like beans in a plastic bottle to shake) have her help you sort socks, let her help you clean with a wet washcloth, or help push the vacuum. Everything you do together, from cleaning to playing, will help her learn. Go outside with her and find flowers, pine cones, bugs, anything. She'll like doing anything with you!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 1:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• what are you watching? im on a lost marathon myself, right now im onto season 2, episode 'maternity leave'
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• She's been ungodly whiney recently, too. I get down on the floor to try to play with her and she just screams at me. She wants in my lap, then wants down. She doesn't seem to want to do anything! Everything has been making her miserable. I took her to the doctor and nothing is wrong with her, either.
    ArmyWife42

Answer by ArmyWife42 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Many of the responses offered lots of great ideas. I would add the following: check out the local houses of worship and see if any of them have a drop in playgroup. Some of them are free and others ask for a small donation. It's a great way to meet other moms with children the same age.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 1:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• We watch good shows; we watch Backyardigans and Dora. She loves the Freshbeat Band! I try not to fill her head with slop, although her daddy lets her watch Spongebob :(
    ArmyWife42

Answer by ArmyWife42 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• army dont feel so bad about spongebob .lol my dh sits with my dd she is almost 3 and they wathc family guy. yeah thats bad lol
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2009