My baby hasnt dropped yet..

I am over 39 weeks and I havent dilated yet... is it because my baby hasnt dropped?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's normal. Some babies don't drop until you're already in labor. Don't sweat it :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• It's normal for some babies to not drop. My daughter wouldn't drop at all when I was in labor and I ended up with a c-section. Not because of her not dropping, she started reacting badly to the contractions. But, eventually she would have dropped if she didn't start freaking out over the contractions! lol Don't worry mama, it WILL happen! Congrats!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 2:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I didnt drop until labor and i had to be started...ur fine ur baby just likes it in ur ribs so u cant breath!!! JK thats what my doctor told me:)
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 2:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Nope, doesn't have anything to do with your baby dropping. As the PP mentioned, many babies don't "drop" until mom is IN labor.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Not necessarily.
    The baby's head can help with progressing the cervix, but it WILL come~ in time.
    Your body knew how to conceive and grow this fetus, it will open your body and bring baby down, too.
    Trust in this process, it has already gotten you SO far!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My kids never dropped before labor, my first did not drop at all during labor, he was born after 3 hours of pushing! My second dropped sometime during labor and was born without any effort! I have no idea if i was dilated or not since i don't get checked. Both kids were born in the 39th week.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• my baby never dropped. and i wasn't dilated before i went into labor. i only had early labor for about 10 hours, then active labor for about 7, all natural (no induction, or augmentation, or pain meds). so don't worry about it, it's normal! congrats btw, your little one will be here in less than a month! my son was born at 41 weeks btw
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Oh girl, just be thankful your baby hasnt dropped yet!! The pelvic pressure can be VERY intense. I would rather my kids have stayed "floaters" until I was actually in labor
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2009