Catholics(or any CHRISTIAN) Can you please give me a reason why we want to share our religion with others?

*****Christian question **Christian question** Christian question*****
Or why we would not want to reduce religion to a private practice and not proclaim the good news with other Christians.

*****no bashing**** I am struggling for an answer and DO NOT need bashing****
I am trying to mull over and understand the difference and reason why we would want to praise with other Christians and not alone in our house. Why do we say community rosaries when we can say the rosary at home? Why community Mass when we can read the bible at home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Here's the scripture reference why Christians share the good news-

Mark 16: 14Afterward He appeared to the Eleven [apostles themselves] as they reclined at table; and He reproved and reproached them for their unbelief (their lack of faith) and their hardness of heart, because they had refused to believe those who had seen Him and looked at Him attentively after He had risen [[a]from death].

15And He said to them, Go into all the world and preach and publish openly the good news (the Gospel) to every creature [of the whole [b]human race].

16He who believes [who adheres to and trusts in and relies on the Gospel and Him Whom it sets forth] and is baptized will be saved [[c]from the penalty of eternal death]; but he who does not believe [who does not adhere to and trust in and rely on the Gospel and Him Whom it sets forth] will be condemned.

bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Because the bible says in many areas that we are to come together and praise God. A Church community is also a wonderful way to make lasting friends,find help if you need it and so much more.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Being around people who believe the same way, gives you the opportunity to share with each other, and learn from each other. Also, I know for me, going to church uplifts me. It gives me a good feeling and an energy that staying home and studying does not. It is a safe place to be. Out in the world we face so many attacks against religion and against our individual beliefs (many families do not share the same beliefs anymore, causing contention at times), having that outlet is a great blessing to me.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Sorry - I miss read the question.. thought u wanted to know why Christians share the good news. Here is a verse on why we come together.

Heb. 10:25 Not forsaking or neglecting to assemble together [as believers], as is the habit of some people, but admonishing (warning, urging, and encouraging) one another, and all the more faithfully as you see the day approaching.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• born777-is that Mark chapter 16 verse 16? the one that starts he who believes?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• boNn777 sorry :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• We are social creatures by nature, and while doing these things alone is fine, doing them together can make them that much more meaningful.

It also offers a supportive community to help you through obstacles in your faith that you may not be able to handle alone, and it keeps you motivated, too. It gives you a place to come when you need a helping hand, and it also makes coming together to worship that much more significant.

In the right church family fellowship can be one of the most positive experiences of your life.

=)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• anon 222 - yes.. Mark chapter 16 verse 15 and 16
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Because we are the church - we are the Body of Christ. God's will is done through the Body of Christ with Christ as the head.  And a relationship with Christ involves a relationship with all those He loves.   Think about it, what's one of the first thing an abuser does?  Separates someone from the community and others who love them.  God is not abusive - a true loving relationship necessitates our involvement and participation with others.

From a Catholic perspective, Mass is much more than reading the Bible.  While it's true Christ is present in the inspired words of the Bible - He is also there in the celebration of the Eucharist.  Catholics celebrate Mass as a "communion of saints" we celebrate with the entire Body of Christ, those here on earth and those in heaven.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 2:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I personally know I learn more and gain more insights by the talks, and the sunday school lessons than I would gain on my own.

I also know, I'm not capable of administering the sacrament (or the lord's supper as some call it) on my own...and to me that's an important weekly renewal of my baptismal covenants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Sep. 18, 2009