i was scared i was in real labor early this morning.. and i fell asleep and just woke up and now i cant believe whats coming out of me!!!

My post was the one where i had heavy menstraul cramps the night before and a bit of brownish discharge after sex last night but before the cramps (so figured its normal) and then veeerrryy light spotting of bright red this morning.. with the regular but painless and short contractions every 5-6 minutes..
well i called my dr she said lay down on my left side and drink water if they get stronger or dont go away come in...
obviously they weren't strong enough to keep me awake lol so i fell asleep and just woke up and (sorry if tmi) felt like i had to go #2.. so i tried.. so much for that instead a whhoollee lot of yellowish mucus came out of me!! a WHOLE lot and my mucus plug came out in pices a week ago over a 3 day period.. im thinking this might just be false labor and that could still be my mucus plug? but come on how MUCH is there!?!? lol just low dull back aches now..... should i call up my Dr? or this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe its not mucous plug, maybe your water broke and it is meconium...call your doc again
    jlm202610

Answer by jlm202610 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• It sounds like your body is preparing for labor.
    Nothing alarming, necessarily.
    Just preparing.
    Which can take 2 hours or 2 weeks.

Are you term?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Well~ amniotic fluid is watery, not thick, and meconium is black. If the fluid was mec stained it would be darker.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• If it makes you feel better go see your Doc and get checked. Sounds like you could be in labor - not al women experience painful cramping and such. Some women don't realised they are in labor because they expect pain.

Either wait it out and see if anything happens or get checked to ease your mind.
    Rik-E

Answer by Rik-E at 2:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Whatever you do you need to call your doctor or go to the emergency room -
    I was 22 weeks pregnant, had the low, dull pain in my back, felt like I had to go #2. Guess what - that number 2 feeling was my daughter coming - she was born at 6 am the next morning and only lived 8 hours. Do not let denial take the better part of you!! GO NOW, if you have not already done so...
    tntweaver

Answer by tntweaver at 3:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

WRONG...meconium, from the baby IS black, "terminal mec" is meconium that comes right from the baby at delivery sometimes and it is black as well. But meconium stained water is NEVER black.

Meconium stained amniotic fluid can be a few different colors depending on how long the meconium has been present in the amniotic fluid. If it is old, a few weeks or days, it can be thick, dark green and pea soup consistency. Also the amount of mec in the water can affect its color and consistency. It can be light green or even yellow as well.

If you are leaking green or yellow thick or even thin discharge, consult your doctor.
    jlm202610

Answer by jlm202610 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• no im 4 days away from full term.. i called them and told them all my symptoms and they said it sounds like my mucus plug and they pulled up mine and my husbands number because the nurse i went to last time ( she members me from the other night when i saw greenish mucus) is going to call every hour for about 6 hours when they checked the greenish stuff the other night they said it wasnt my water and it could have been some more of my mucus plug.. i just didnt think there was supposed to be THIS much!... she said it could just be some more mjucus coming out since sex can cause you to dilate sometimes and i was 2 cm the other night so she said if they do check me and im more than 3 cm dilated im staying...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• It's just the remaining part of the mucos plug! It's not meconium. Some women lose it so gradually they don't even notice. I used to lose chunks of bloody mucos everytime I had little spouts of contractions and cramps here and there. It's normal.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Sorry mucus!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• "WRONG...meconium, from the baby IS black, "terminal mec" is meconium that comes right from the baby at delivery sometimes and it is black as well. But meconium stained water is NEVER black"
    she said it would make it darker, not black. go back and read

OP- your mucous plug rebuilds itself constantly and won't stop until after baby is born. so, it could be your mucous plug. i would wait to call or go in until your "pain" gets stronger.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 4:06 PM on Sep. 18, 2009