My baby girl is 7month and she has a VERY stuffed up nose..

I try to use the nose plunger thing, but it doesnt seem to help, plus she hates it. I know there is really nothing I can do for a cold. I use a humidifier at night, and I've even filled the bathroom up with steam and sat there for a few minutes to losen up the boogers :) but nothing comes out. Is there anything else I could do? Shes still in a good mood..it doesnt seem to be really bothring her, but you can tell she is struggling when shes eatting or having a bottle. She doesnt have a fever, or a cough. Could this be from teething??? Any suggestions for the stuffed up nose??

LeahsMama

Asked by LeahsMama at 3:06 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use saline drops. They help a bit.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My ped. told me to try saline drops too.Its a brand called "Little Noses".Use it for my daughter, and it works.
    ChloesMom030509

Answer by ChloesMom030509 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I agree with the saline drops. If you can't afford to but the OTC, you can make up your own. Just add enough salt to the water( make sure it's tepid, not cold) to barely be able to taste it. I've been doing this for my kids since my daughter was a baby (22 years). My DH uses it to clear his nose when his allergies flare up. Good luck!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 3:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Little noses works best for me.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I hate the bulb syrige and so did my DD. The saline drops helpes a bit, but it was still difficult and frustrating. Then we found the nosefreida ( http://www.amazon.com/Nosefrida-USA-LLC-Nasal-Aspirator/dp/B000OS8BP4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1253375077&sr=8-1 ) It is a different type of suction that allows you to get everything in one shot instead of having to jam the bulb thing in her nose again and again.

She still does not love to have her nose cleaned out, but at least with this it is faster and because you controll the suction, you actually get everything out.
    SnuggyBaby

Answer by SnuggyBaby at 11:52 AM on Sep. 19, 2009