How long did it take to get your period after a miscarriage?

It's been a month and I still haven't. My mom seen me today and asked me if I was already pregnant again because my stomach and boobs are bigger, but I think it's just because they haven't went down from the pregnancy because I was 3 months when I had the miscarriage. She kind of made me paranoid, so I was just wanting to know from others' how long it took to get their cycle back for some reassurance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Health

• It can vary. I had 3 miscarriages and the first one I didn't get my period for about 5 months, the second time I got it after 2 months and the 3rd I got it after only 2 weeks. You most likely just haven't gotten it yet but if you're worried take a test. It can't hurt.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:39 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• It took me about 8 weeks to finally get my period again. However, I had a lot of problems and the doctor said that nothing about my pregnancy/miscarriage was "normal"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I got my period about a month after the miscarriage, then waited the month like the dr. said and we got pregnant the next month with twins! Don't know if you've been told but you are most fertile for the firt 3-5 months after a miscarriage! Good luck.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 4:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• It was about 4 weeks when I got my actual period. Not that discharge uh, shoot I forget the technical name, but it's the blood you loose post-natal. Either way, if you feel the need take a pregnancy test, that way you can ease your mind a little.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:26 AM on Sep. 19, 2009