having sex more than once a day improve your chances?

I'm just wondering when I become pregnant with my daughter my hubby and I used to have sex 4 -5 times in a row yes I am not lying! We werent trying to get pregnant but we didn't prevent it either. We got pregnant withing 2 weeks now not sure if that was pure luck or not. So now our daughter is going to be 1 and we want to tcc again, so my question is does having sex more than once improve your chances or is it about the same? Also I wasn't on any birth control we used condoms.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• There are a lot of myths about sperm. Here are 2 things to consider: 1- the more sperm in your body, the more chances one will reach an egg 2- the closer to ovulation you are the better your chances of having an egg in there for a lucky sperm to get to

We have the same issue of "frequent mutual interest," so when we started ttc I was worried we'd wear out his reserves. He sent me several university studies saying that it's okay to have sex 5, 10 or even 20 times a day when you're trying. The biggest consideration is your hunny's health. If he's physically fit enough and you are enjoying it, go for it.

However, we timed my ovulation down and got it right in 1 try.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Well...ther's an argument that frequent sex lowers sperm count therefore lowering chances.

It's really more a matter of TIMING than frequency. If you have sex at the wrong time of your cycle, it doesn't matter how often you have it.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Yep, I agree with gdiamante.
    My OB told us that it depends on your timing, but having sex every other day gives the "wee ones" a time to recharge.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:28 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• well it seems have lots of sex all the time wouldnt decrease your chances,lol! So would having sex only once during ovulation. I say just go with your hornyness! haha
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2009