Did you marry based mostly on love or based mostly on logic?

and how long have you been married? Are you happy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Both it takes more then love to marry. You have to step outside of the emotions and look at the person in a logical matter and ask does this make sense. Is this person and the way they're something I can handle for the rest of my life. Evaluating that person thoroughly is crucial. Too many times people let their emotions get them caught up and they look back later and say what the heck was I thinking? They were not thinking logically and that was the problem.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Love.. It'll be three years on October 7th! And we've had rough times, but we are super happy !
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Both equally. You should love each other very much and logically be a good match. My husband And I have been together for 8 years, are happily married for over 2 years with one baby boy.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I married based on logic more than love. We were married for 7 years, and are going through a divorce.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Equally. We talked about everything we could think of from how to raise children to politics and religion to where we wanted to live. I think both of us knew that its really hard to make a relationship work and love is not enough to carry you through. We have been happily married for 6 years.

EarthMom6

Answer by EarthMom6 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Me and DH have been married for 21 years. I think it's mostly based on love. There is some logic in my marriage, but love outweighs the logic.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 4:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Definately love,logically we didn't match,total opposites but I'm glad I listened to my heart it will be 8 yrs next month.
    briannasmom2

Answer by briannasmom2 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Love and laughter; we still have both, 15 years later

Answer by rkoloms at 4:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i married cause i knew that no matter who i married that it would have to be a life long commitment from both of us. if he has the same beliefs and values then he qualified. i had certain standards i was looking for and he fit the bill. i didn't go into this marriage feeling he was perfect or that i could change him. i wouldn't do either. although we have our issues and they will continue to come were in ti for the long haul. we talked about what we wanted and our goals in raising my children and our children. i don't see logic working in my decision to marry but rather then the love and him being suitable. although he had to prove them to me.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• oh but we have only been married over a yr but like i said it's for the rest of our lives.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 18, 2009