Is It A Sin To Masturbate????

I wanted to know if anyone out there thinks its a sin to masturbate? If so why???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It is not specifically forbidden (or even mentioned) in the Bible. Some feel that it falls under other forbidden categories, but it is all interpretation since nothing was actually said on the matter. Most now feel that it is morally acceptable as long as it isn't interfering with one's life. I can't think of any religion that specifically forbids it... In the East it was long thought to sap a man of his strength so it was frowned upon (only for men) so perhaps some Eastern philosophies still consider it a no-no. However, for something to be considered a sin it usually has to be considered a crime against a god, or something that angers a god. As I said, I don't know of any religion that considers masturbation to fall under that category.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I should qualify that statement - I have seen it said that it is not mentioned in the Bible. Since I have not read all the books of the Bible I can only go by what Biblical experts have stated in various writings.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• The Bible says that if a man lusts after another woman in his heart he has already committed adultery, which is a sin. So to Christians and similar it could be considered a sin.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Answered at 3:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 by: Steff107
    The Bible says that if a man lusts after another woman in his heart he has already committed adultery, which is a sin. So to Christians and similar it could be considered a sin.

I am just curious, would that mean it isn't a sin if a man is thinking of his wife while masturbating? What about women masturbating? I assume one would say what is bad for the gander is bad for the goose?

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 3:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Not in my beliefs its not.

I think it falls under the "fornication" stuff when pointed out in the Bible.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• would it make you stop if it was?
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I'd sure be in trouble!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• It's a sin NOT to.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:28 PM on Sep. 18, 2009