How long after having a baby do you have to wait to have sex? I feel better but......

I know its silly, but how do you know when you feel better? You know down there? I don't want to try and end up hurting myself more. I feel like I'm feeling better and up to having sex. How long did you wait? And how did you feel? Did any of you hurt your self again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I waited the whole six weeks. I did my visit with my doctor and he said it was okay.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• C-section- waited 2 months

Vaginal- waited 3 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• You should ask your dr. You don't want to tear anything that isn't all the way healed.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• With my twins I waited two weeks. But I had no tearing with them. With my youngest, I waited three weeks, but I had a third degree tear. I felt fine, told dh to take it SLOW just in case, and he knew that if I had any pain or discomfort we were stopping and waiting a little while longer.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I had my son vaginally and we waited 4 weeks and I was fine. With my daughter, I had a c-section and we only waited 2 weeks...which was a BAD idea!!! I had terrible cramps for WEEKS!!! You may feel better but your insides aren't completely healed. But it's totally up to you...I'm just telling you what personally happened to me.
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 8:06 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Another question for a doctor.....
    disgustipated

Answer by disgustipated at 1:04 AM on Sep. 19, 2009