How long after having a baby do you have to wait to have sex? I feel better but......

I know its silly, but how do you know when you feel better? You know down there? I don't want to try and end up hurting myself more. I feel like I'm feeling better and up to having sex. How long did you wait? And how did you feel? Did any of you hurt your self again?

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was told 6 weeks after all my children.

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I was told to wait at least 6 weeks. My DH and I waited about 8 weeks, because he was afraid of hurting me, and I was just too exhausted!!!

Answer by Robsmommy at 3:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• You should wait at least 6 months, or until you are up for it, and you shouldn't let your husband pressure you, you will not be comfortable with your body right away, but you should wait until you are comfortable physically (down there) before you make any plans. Have fun!

Answer by Rachel24517 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• 2 weeks for I felt fine. I had a c-section though. If you feel you are up to it, then just take things slow and go from there. Let your partner know how your feeling and if it seems that you are not ready then just wait.

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2009