possible seizure?

I was laying down the other night and the baby starts moving out of control and rapidly as if he was having a seizure or like when dogs dream and shake sort of like that...has this happened to anyone? this is my 3rd prgncy but my other 2 i've never had anything like that with them, it was so fast and scary that i thought he would accidently pop the sac from his movements..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would say its normal for an unborn baby to feel like it is seizing but its VERY unlikely that that really happened. You uterus can actually spasm (like any other muscle) and feel like a seizure.

NOT to scare you but i need to point out that lilsymom is WRONG and i dont like it when people post "Definite" things that are incorrect

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=2580021
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• its normal. unborn babies cannot have seizures.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

Really? Why not?

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I've felt that before a couple of times. It's just the baby rocking out. You'd get bored and try stretching in new ways too if you were cramped in a hole for 9 months.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 7:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

I did not say anything was definite, the first anon said baby can't have seizures in the womb and I was simply asking why they couldn't. I was just curious, and asking a question.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2009