My son starts daycare monday he is 8 months...is that to early?

KyeattaM

Asked by KyeattaM at 3:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Of course not. I'm sure he will do fine too.
    krise

Answer by krise at 3:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• no all my nieces and nephews stared day care at 6 wks and they are great kids
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• just to fore warn you it may be hard at first for your baby but they do adjust and usually adjust pretty easily. my son was going to daycare for a bit when he just turned 8 months. He loved it but would sometimes cry hard b/c I was not around. I fortunately worked at the same daycare center so if he cried to much I could go in and calm him down. I decided to quit working after only 3 weeks but this is just my personal decision b/c I felt like I was missing out on so much while he wsa in daycare. Good luck! :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• If you have to work then no it's not too early. I'm not for daycare until 1yr old unless it's not possible to stay home.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Well, sounds like you've already made up your mind... so why ask now?

If you're having doubts, re-evaluate the situation and choose what's best for your family. You won't get good answers here...some will tell you to put your kids in asap because it's good for them... others will tell you daycares are evil and you're evil for even thinking of sending your kid there.

You just can't win for losing --- so if YOU want him in dayare at 8 mos old -- go for it. If you're doubting your decision ... rethink it.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• most WOHM's have to go back at 6 weeks so sometimes there isn't always a choice. I was able to have my mom watch my son til we put him in there at 16 months, I sometimes wonder if it would have been easier for HIM if we started it earlier cause he still crys at drop off after 8 months of going and i have full view of him so I know he's not neglected or abused to not like it there - he'd just much rather be home with his mommy I think.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• my son started daycare at the end of August - he was almost 3 months old. I had to go back to work because he is on my insurance, and it wouldn't be fair to have my students start out with a substitute teacher until I came back. It's working out fine. We're using a home day care provider - she is awesome and my little boy is always happy when I drop him off and when I pick him up!!
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My son started daycare at 12 weeks when I went back to work....he does fine. Now that he is older (14 months) he does have some seperation anxiety and cries when I leave... but it only lasts a couple of minutes I've been told and then he has fun playing.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:18 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Well I am a full time student and I do work but I work nights! Its just so hard to get much of anything done my boyfriend works and most nights he might not get off until 7 or 8! We take that time to spend with him! I have been asking my teachers if i can miss class and turn my work in online but I cant do that for much longer
    KyeattaM

Answer by KyeattaM at 5:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2009