is this baby EVER coming?

Friday afternoon = 2 cm. dilated 0% effaced
Contractions all night and day.

Saturday night = 4 cm. dilated and 70% effaced
Contractions on and off

Monday afternoon = 4 cm. dilated 75% effaced
Contractions slowed down

Today doc checked me and I'm 5 cm. and 75% effaced!
I'm 38 weeks so they won't break my water or give me pitocin.

Is this baby ever coming? Is there anything I can do? Any guesses as to when she will finally make her debut? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• walk walk walk walk walk, sex sex sex sex sex!! i was 38 wks whe i deliver my first. i was 4cm and 75% when i started. my doc did stripped my memebranes so that also helped. i went into labor 3 hrs later. i ddi walk alot after i had them stripped like 2 miles. by the way my labor stall after 8 hrs of no dilation so they ended up breaking my water and giving me pitocin. on top of that my epidural failed so labor was 16 hrs long and it scuked
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• HOLD YOUR HORSES lol. Your just 38 weeks. You have about 2 more weeks to go. It will happen soon enough. Enjoy this time and get plenty of rest before your little bundle of joy arrives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• why would you want your water broken or pitocin, sounds like your body is doing great! your baby will come soon! congrats!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• why would you want your water broken or pitocin

i agree i ahd both happen to me andi wanted to die. my contactiosn were so strong that my legs wererhaving spasm and my dh had to hold them down
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:56 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Knowing what the cervix is doing always seems to mess everything up. ;- /
    Try to ignore that information and move on with your life, pretend you don't know.

When it's Time, you'll know.

(You might want to avoid getting cervix checks since it causes undue strain.)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• im 40 weeks pregnant, and 3cm and has been for 3 weeks, and still no baby you still have time, relax, the only reason your lil one has not arrived yet is because the baby isn't ready. give the baby time, dont rush things
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• don't get anymore VE checks. obviously they are making you anxious and disappointing you. just relax and let your body do all the work. if you try anything to help it along, it's just going to exhaust you and then when labor comes, you won't have the energy you need to get through it. you're body is doing what it needs to to get things started. letting labor happen on it's on is much, much easier on your baby and your body.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 4:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I don't want them to break my water or give me pitocin...I was just explaining that they would not do that because I'm only 38 weeks. That's been the most common question I've been asked lately is "why don't they just give your pitocin or break your water?"

I'm only in a hurry because I am getting bouts of painful contractions and I feel like crap...otherwise I wouldn't care. I just feel miserable right now.

-OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• OP WILL YOUR DOC STRIPPED UR MEMEBRANES?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I didn't ask and she never mentioned it. I'm sure she will at my next appointment if I wanted her to. I just didn't even think to ask! Does that really help anything?

-OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2009