Riding a bike?

can you little one do it? We are 6 and have no clue.. We try but Dude just cant seem to get it..

ArlieBeeMee

Asked by ArlieBeeMee at 3:53 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Mine gets scared and freaks out. He is 7. I ask him all the time if he wants to try but he says no. Oh well, when he sees his friends doing it he will want to try more.
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My older 3 have all learned now. My oldest is 9 and learned last summer just before she turned 8. Her brother learned a couple days before her. He was 6 1/2 (will be 8 in 2 weeks). My middle daughter learned in July. She is 6 1/2. I had tried to teach her several times before and she just didn't get it. Then back in July we came home to find her little friend riding with no training wheels. Her friend said she would teach her so the 2 rode up and down the street all day. I went inside so it was just the kids teaching each other and by the time she had to come in for the night she was zooming up and down the street on her own.
    I found the worst thing to do is run behind them while holding the bike. The best is to just take the TW off and let them figure it out on their own with basic tips (like how to just push and glide and tp put their legs out if they feel they are falling).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My dd learned at 6, I took her to a grassy feild and gave her a push, and away she went. Then after watching his sister and her friends, DS learned a week after he turned 4 !! He was very determined, and learned in about 20 mins. He is small for his age so people are always staring at him wondering how such a little guy can ride a 2 wheeler, its' pretty funny to watch that, but I'm happy for him :)
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 6:37 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My daughter is 7yrs old(turned in Aug) and she doesn't even want to try her bike w/o TW.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• my daughters been riding without training wheels since she was 4
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:32 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• My DD felt more comfortable riding her bike this summer but still has training wheels. She would rather not ride her bike than have her training wheels off. So we'll be starting next summer with no training wheels or no bike - her choice.
    gmkamm

Answer by gmkamm at 11:36 AM on Sep. 20, 2009