Do you take them?

everywhere?? my hubby seems to think we can take both kids everywhere we go, but he doesnt have to track them down like i do.. what about you? do you pick and choose?

shopping? races? anything past there bed time?

ArlieBeeMee

Asked by ArlieBeeMee at 4:00 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't take them everywhere. For a lot of places it's just not practical.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My dd goes to most things with me. I can't imagine getting a babysitter for shopping but Im sure it would be nice! I dont take her if I go somewhere for adults only or a really late ball game, like traviling 2 hrs for a game and wont be home til 1. Most other things she goes to with me: hair appts, funerals, shopping...sure it would be easier, but it gives her the opportunity to learn how to act in public.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I take my kids to lots of places, but love time without them. My boyfriend has a day off when the kids are at school/daycare, and yes he cleans the house top, but man what i wouldnt give for an afternoon of peace. But I do like my kids to be involved and social with all they can. Maybe if you two planned an adult evening (no kids allowed) once a week or so you'd feel better, or even suggest he has a father/child outing more often so he has to do all the running down, tracking, keeping in line.
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I let my girls do most with me, but when I stay with my mom I will let her watch them while I go out even if it's to the store. I don't like going EVERY where ALL the time with my kids, I am a SAHM and I need a break sometimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I take my DD with me everywhere. My parents watch her OCCASIONALLY so we can go out or whatever, but that is always after she is in bed anyway. Granted, I only have one, I'm sure it will be a lot harder when number two shows up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I have 3, and yes, they go pretty much everywhere with me --- except to school on Wednesday nights. I only go to the hair stylist once a year, so I schedule that appointment for when I know my hubby is off. On the rare ocasion that I have to go to the doctor (except for the gyn), I take them and my oldest can sit in the waiting room while the other 2 go into the exam room with me.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 4:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• We take DS with us Everywhere. The only time we don't have him with us is when we visit my parents and they take him for a little while and we go out to eat or what not, they live 6 hours away, so it doesn't happen often. It has given him skills to sit and be quiet for long periods of time and such. We also don't do movies at all (the last movie I saw was when I was 36 weeks prego). We just don't have the budget to do what we want to do AND pay for a babysitter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i take my little one every where with me she is 2 and there are only 2 times in her life that i went somewhere that i did not take her.
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I take my kids everywhere with me - if my husband isn't home. Like, I'll wait until Saturday or Sunday to go to the grocery store but anything else - I take my youngest (oldest is in school). In fact, I'm doing the PTO newsletter at my oldest DDs school and I told them I can only go to PTO meetings if I bring my youngest DD AND I can only volunteer in the classroom if she can come as well. I always feel like she's my little tagalong. I'm like, "don't worry about her. She's cool." LOL. I love it though - taking her with me because it won't be too long until she starts school.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I personally take my son everywhere with me - yet if my husband has to go someone he doesn't take him anywhere with him. We don't do the after his bedtime or around his nap cause he has sleep issues but errands and outings I never get a sitter for - he's always with me.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 18, 2009