What if you dont believe in anything?

ArlieBeeMee

Asked by ArlieBeeMee at 4:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i dont and im geting along just fine.
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 4:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Then you dont believe anything. Nothing wrong with that.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Not sure what the question is...? If you don't believe in god, then you don't believe in god.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 4:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• well do you believe in that computer you are typing on?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• thats fine but that will change when you get to heaven or hell! if you asking about religious aspects to your question.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Sigh. Sometimes I wish that after death everyone could get 5 seconds to realize there is no god and what a waste of time it all was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• ANON 3:15, yes its telling what to do right now..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• god/religion/jesus, is a imaginary friend for the poor folks i say..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Can I just say that not believing in a god/deity/higher power does not mean you don't believe in anything. It just means you do not believe in a god/deity/higher power. As such I am one of those people who do not believe in a god.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• O.K. lets turn the question the other way around. What if there is a god? Lets take that one step further, suppose He is the God that Christians worship. I am a Christian, suppose I die and it turns out I was wrong all this time. That leaves a few options, either there is no soul and death is the end of it or we reincarnate and come back to do this all over. Either way no eternal punishment. If on the other hand I am right and God does exist, I have the promise of heaven, eternal happiness. Then there is life itself, we all have troubles in life, if there is no God and I have only used my belief in Him as a crutch, then it has served me well. I have good friends that apart from my faith I would not have gained, and a joy that fills my life. What harm has my belief caused me?

I would far rather be on the path of life I am on than going through this world only relying on me and my fellow humans.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2009