If you've had your tubes tied... Questions about periods...

After having your tubes tied, do you get a normal reliable period back? What kindof variations can you expect? What if you were on time EVERY time before, does it go back to being the same? Is there any way to tell without going to the dr if it's healed itself, meaning so that you could get pregnant again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Health

• Had a tubal with my last c/section 20mths ago.

My periods are still right on time but they vary each month between being a bit heavy and clotty to not bad at all(at least compared to what I used to have LOL but every woman is different so for some it might not be bad or it might be ugly LOL).

The changes are not something I worry about or have fretted about. They arent so odd that its caused me alarm, in other words.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I had a tubal and everything was normal. The chances of getting pregnant are slim after the procedure and more than slim as time goes on with scar tissue build up
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I had a tubal 3 yr ago when my last child was born. My periods are about the same as they were before, I have not noticed any changes or problems.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I had my tubes tied 3 yrs ago, and now my periods are more regular. Everything else is still the same (cramps aren't worse, flow isn't heavier, that kind of stuff).
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 6:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2009