Has anyone ever had kidney stones before?

Just wanting to know what I'm about to go through. LOL :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Health

• Yes, I did....24 years ago. And I've never had another. It came on fast, and came out that same day. But this is my experience. I've heard that a person can have it going on and all the pain for quite a while. I went to the hospital immediately when I was doubled over in pain, pee'd blood, they did a CTsan type of thing with a radioactive agent to see what they could find. That stuff helped move it along, which was a good thing. They eventually sent me home with a seive type thing.....sort of looked like a coffee filter. I had to pee through it each time, in the event it came out (which it did) so I could catch it. Then I had to bring it to a urologist, he sent it to the lab, and then they all questioned why a gal in her mid 20's would have this.....they didn't think I fit the norm for it. It was more painful than childbirth.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 4:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Great. I'm scared. They said I had a few on each side that needs to pass. Wish me luck!
    ljlM

Answer by ljlM at 4:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My mom had some and the doctor told her to drink a lot of water and cranberry juice. She had a lot of pain when they passed (yes worse than child birth) but it only lasted a little while. Good luck and I hope you get better soon.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 7:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I've had 25 kidney stones. 5 in one week. Yeah, it sucks but i'd still rather do that than give birth. Might be because I'm used to it lol.
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 12:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Oh and I was 13 when I had my first one. I've been on more morphine than everyone else i know combined.
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 12:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2009