Is bread okay?

Lol maybe a stupid question. But Im trying to test my almost 7month old daughter with some finger foods. Can I give her some ripped up whole wheat bread?

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 4:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sure.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:10 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I think I would toast it first. I would think that it could stick the the roof of her mouth and maybe choke her. If she were 9-10 months, maybe. What about cheerios?
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 4:35 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Mine were fine with it at that age. They hated it toasted....too rough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Yes, bread is fine. You can even try to put some creamcheese on it, just make sure it is pasteurized. I also give my daughter cheerios, cut up cooked fruit, like pears and apple and other fruit like banana, plums and cantelope and watermelon. Just cut it into tiny pieces, and make sure it is somewhat soft. Even if she is not eating too much, it is still good fine motor skills practice for her to pick it up and getting it into the mouth. Mine just started a few weeks ago, and sometimes she gets a little bit in her mouth, but most of it still goes on the floor LOL
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 9:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2009