is OTC colloidal oatmeal bath safe toddlers?

My daughter sometimes chews on her washcloth while bathing...if there's colloidal oatmeal in the bath, will it be harmful if she chews on the washcloth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• its fine my son did that all the time when he was really little becuase we to give him an oatmeal bath once a week
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 6:25 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i'm not sure how harmful but it does say on the box not to get in mouth. i always give my little one her pacifier and a toy so she won't get any in her mouth. you could always ask the dr or pharmacist what they think.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I don't think any type of body face or shampoo wash is safe if swallowed - I doubt they'd make something if it was seriously dangerous but I'd stop giving her the washcloth.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• as much as its probably not the best for them, they can't really make anything that is supposed to go on the skin or in the bathwater that is dangerous. That would be a serious violation of FDA standards.. I'm sure the little amount that he gets isn't enough to do any harm, but ask your doctor just to be safe. Lots of kids eat soap and stuff on washcloths when they are bathing. Maybe its time to find something else for him to play with?
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 6:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2009