Mylicon Drops for Infants?

Does anyone know how young I can use Mylicon drops? My DS is almost 3 weeks old and has gas really bad. Can I use the drops or is he too young?

jasey929

Asked by jasey929 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try calling his doc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I used them as soon as they came home!!! THEY WERE A LIFE SAVER!!!!
    Anonymous

• Well I agree with the first anon, because most stuff like that says under 4 months consult a physician. But I don't see why it wouldn't be ok, I would just check with the doctor to be on the safe side.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Thanks. I thought I could. I used it with my DD(she's almost 3) when she was a baby and I couldn't remember how old she was. I think she was just a few weeks too but wasn't sure.
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I did look on the back of the box but all it said was under 24 pounds use only a certain amount, nothing about consulting a physician.
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Then you should be good to go! :-)
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Mylicon drops can be used from day 1. You could call your doctor once to verify that .3ml is the correct dosage and they can be given after EVERY feeding. You can put them right in the formula if you are using formula. It's very safe and was a life-saver for our very gassy little one. Ours was probably a few weeks old when we started it, only because we didn't know any sooner. LOL!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 4:32 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Thanks everyone!
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 18, 2009