My 15 month old counts to three!!!!

Do your little ones count or do their ABC's? How old are they? Do they learn these things from you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• every child is different!
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My son could count to ten when he was 18 months old and was saying his ABC's by the time he was two.
    He definitely learned them from me and my DH and my parents.
    Every time we went for a drive in the car we would count or sing the alphabet. He's 2 and a half and knows lots of songs and knows what each letter and number is.
    We read to him a lot and encourage and praise him when he learns something new or even just tries something new.

Your 15 month old sounds like a little smarty pants! Keep encouraging the counting! Kids are like little sponges :)
    I think that's pretty impressive.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:27 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My 21 month old has ben singing her ABC for awhile, mind you they are not perfect but it is really cute. She also will say 1-3. She learned it from her sister and I. 123 is what we say before jump and the ABCs are sung when we wash hands. It is adorable.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• OMGosh! thats crazy my son is 12 months old and definately doesnt do that, Congrats!!!!
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Mine recognized their letters, numbers (0-10), shapes and colors quite a bit earlier than average (the earliest being 18 months). ("proper order" being less important, came later)

Singing the ABC's while washing hands is a great thing to do!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• my 15 month old cant say the numbers but when it comes to things like her toys she knows how many is 3,she also points to her ears,eyes,nose,mouth,toes,and fingers
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 5:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My LO is almost 15 mos and can say 2 word sentences, and can point out 7-8 letters put not in the correct order. I guess we will work on that next. Her vocabulary is astounding me every day. She loves to read and I am tired of reading the same books day in and day out. LOL. Congrats on your LO being so bright.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:51 PM on Sep. 18, 2009